Calling all camera-lovers! I'm in the market for a new camera (and even still debating with digital and SLR cameras)--been reading up on advantages and disadvantages with lots of different models and now am thoroughly CONFUSED!So, just wondering if YOU love your camera & why, or wish you'd gotten a certain model. Mind sharing your thoughts?!?
11 comments:
I LOVE my camera. We got it in Brazil, but maybe they have it here. It has a touch screen on the back... the pictures are great, and I just like it.. it can do everything.. It is a Sony Cyber-shot 10.1 mega pixels with a 3.0" touch screen. ISO 1600. IT does slide shows, with music already on the camera... easy to use,and I just really like it alot! Good luck with the hunt for a camera. Digital is just so easy.. and easy to send pictures to Costco, download, file, and print anything and all that you could ever hope for! Love ya!
oh, and it also does video... of course! It's "tight"! (That means it's awesome... if you speak Jake or Adam language.. ;)
i am sure traske would have a lot more to say about what our next camera will be but i really like the canon rebel-digital SLR..the down side is that it is big but we still use our 35mm which is big if we want nice quality pictures. good luck shopping and let me know what you end up buying.
I have both a Sony Cyber-shot and an SLR, it is really big, but can't beat the pictures that I capture. We use the smaller one for activities that we may not want to take the SLR such as fishing or water activities things like that...let me know what you end up with!!
I have a Nikon D-50 (older model) DSLR. I love the pictures that come from it! It is bigger than a normal camera, but the pictures are undeniably WAY better. I think both the Nikon and Canon DSLR's are pretty good. I think it's a toss up based on the features you like
I love my Canon Rebel XLTi. SLR, in my opinion, ROCKS when you have kids because it shoots so quickly. The only drawback is that it's huge. I have heard that it really doesn't matter what kind of SLR camera you get (NIkon v. Canon) - it's all in the lens, baby.
When are you going to Swiss Days? I would love to see you.
No I really don't have any advice on Camera's. I would love one of those awesome high tech ones to get goog shots of my kids sports, but as for point and shoot camera's I love my Sony Cybershot. But I really wanted to comment and say that I am so happy you are going to play soccer with us. Last night was a blast and you still got the moves.
One feature I love on my camera is that is doesn't use a lithium battery. You can use regular AA batteries or the rechargable ones. If the rechargables run out it's easy to put new ones in. I hope you are doing well, it'll be fun keeping in touch this way.
Mrs. P said I should read this and comment. I have read multiple reviews of nearly every digital camera available (yes, I'm an "over-shopper"). For starters, figure out what you want out of your camera. If you don't plan to buy additional lenses, you may not want to opt for a DSLR. Having said that, it is tough to find a compact that can come close in terms of speed and IQ. On the other hand, the big photo trade event is in a couple weeks and everyone is expecting some big advances in compact digicams.
How much are you willing to spend? Is this going to become a hobby? Do you like tweeking camera settings or will you simply point and shoot? Do you want your camera to also take videos?
Next, make sure you handle and test a camera before you buy. We were going to buy either the Sony A200 or Olympus E510 until we handled them and compared them to the new Canon Rebel XSi (which we now own and love). Avoid Nikon's D40, D40X and D60. None of Nikon's great (but reasonably priced) lenses will autofocus on those cameras. You will be forced to go with their more expensive (and in some cases less desirable) lenses to use autofocus.
www.dcresource.com and www.cameralabs.com have decent buyer's guides arranged by price and camera type respectively. Be very skeptical of user reviews (especially in the dpreview.com forums).
None of that may be at all helpful to you, but it was my quick and dirty attempt at responding. With more specifics about what you want out of a new camera, I and others may have some better advice.
We bought a digital SLR about a year or two ago. It's a Nikon which Trent likes because it has all metal parts inside (no plastic, which can break). No film to mess with, but you can still control everything. It's great! Trent has been entering online photo contests with his brother and the pics have been pretty darn good!
Post a Comment