Friday, January 02, 2009

10 Years!

How could a couple of spring chickens like Casey & I be celebrating our 10 year anniversary already? Time is flying by, so we must be having fun! We celebrated the big ten by leaving the kids (who, by the way, had the time of their lives. What are we, chopped liver?!?) and went to New York City. We hit some broadway plays, most importantly....WICKED!!


I loved it! I'll even proudly admit that tears were flowing in a couple of songs, it was so great. Totally exceeded my expectations. Casey enjoyed it too. He got to choose the next play. Try your hardest not to be jealous ;), but we hit Spamalot starring Clay Aiken. It was really funny and quite entertaining, but had just enough crassness that it's hard to recommend it to everyone. Best part was just being together and being able to SLEEP IN! We also did tons of shopping (Century 21, H & M, and Anthropologie after Christmas sales--HELLO!) and seeing the sites. The temple, Central Park, The Met museum of art, the WTC site, wandering through SoHo, TriBeCa, Chinatown, South Street Seaport. We even stumbled upon a free O.A.R. concert. A few we got some lovely arms length shots of us in....
Rockefeller Plaza
Empire State Building
Times Square, w/ all the prep for the New Year's celebration...


And we did lots of eating....
"I always like to come to New York a little bit early and hit some of my favorite hunts, like right here, is my favorite New York pizza joint. And I'm gonna go get me a New York slice."--Any Office fans out there?
In truth, we ate some amazing food. Mario Battali's Luppa's, Mark Joseph's for some New York steaks, Sushi, John's for some pizza, cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery, a great Italian place that we just happened upon. And Casey was brave enough to hit up some of the hot dog vendors.
10 years of wedded bliss...

15 comments:

Brooke said...

Congrats on the big 10! Ahhh, what a FUN trip--good job Casey! :)

Jenny P. said...

What?! You saw Clay Aiken?! Was he any good? I'm totally jealous. I've heard the same thing about Spamalot... hugely entertaining, but a bit off color. AND you saw Wicked?! I'm jealous of that too... I've never been to New York, but always wanted to go. I hope your trip was wonderful and that you had a wonderful anniversary!

Alicia said...

I love the picture of you ten years ago. That was great. Yay for 10 years.

Alicia said...

PS Casey looks like Superman look alike. So cute.

M-Ann said...

NYC?!?! Man, I can't believe you and Casey are THAT old! We hit our 10 year mark this year too. I'm so glad you took a fun trip and finally got to see Wicked! I just want to know why you didn't swing down to VA to see me? I mean, what is it - 6 hours? Happy Anniversary.

Earth Sign Mama said...

WOW. That ten years went by really fast! But you've done well with your time--cute kids, nice job, still speaking to each other. Excellent. Congratulations.

Melin said...

what fun thats great that you got to get away for a little while...I wish we had seen you while we were there. You could have watched our kids.;-)

Kristi said...

How FUN! It's been 10 years since I cried at your engagement??? Wow, how time flies.

I am glad you got to get away. I've never been to New York. I need to eat at that famous pizza joint. : )

MISS YOU....

emily mcd said...

Funnest pictures! I especially loved the 10 year flashback . . . holy shmokes! Casey looks SO TINY! hahaha Love it.

Kristi said...

Happy Happy!! You look amazing and what a fun way to spend your anniversary! I love NY (and the hilarious office quote). I have been pining to see Wicked for years. Hopefully someday I'll see it. As for Spamalot-I'll let you have it!:)

Julie said...

Congrats on 10, Trent and I are about to celebrate #11. So weird!! I too am proud to admit I cry out of happiness, giddiness and sadness during Wicked as well. I have never been to NY but I know I would love it. My trip will have to be a girls trip, cuz I just don't see my anti-social, anti-city, anti-shopping husband lasting very long there. Looks like you two are still in love!! Congrats. Your Christmas celebrations look good as well. We need to do another lunch.

sue said...

Awwww I love your pic from 10 yrs ago. You two haven't changed a bit! :) What a great way to celebrate 10 years! Congratulations! I ADORE NYC - I'm glad you got to go and enjoy. I ran into your kids at Murray park's sledding hill while you were gone - and don't let them fool you - they were having a great time without you! :) Lucky kiddos to have such sweet grandparents!

Sarah said...

Sounds like such a great time!

swensen squeeze said...

Love New York! What a fun way to celebrate!! Sorry you have been taking care of sickies! Had a great time with you the other night!

Miles Family said...

That looks like so much fun. I am so jealous. I've always wanted to go to NYC and see everything you have seen. Thanks for sharing the photos. You 2 are so cute together.