Sunday, October 19, 2008

qWeRcKs

Got tagged by Brooke, truly one of the most talented, inspiring, fun people I know. But seriously--I just had to come up with 101 randoms, so here's stretching it a little!

Definition of quirk: n. 1. A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy: "Every man had his own quirks and twists" Harriet Beecher Stowe. 2. An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.
Rules: Link the Person who Tagged you. Mention rules on your blog. Tell about 6 quirks of yours. Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same. Leave a comment to let them know.




1. Let's talk food here folks. Wendy's Frosty's, shakes and shaved ice MUST ONLY be eaten with a plastic spoon. Truly ruins the taste to touch metal to these delicacies.



2. Speaking of food...If I am at a store and samples are being offered, my cart is sucked in like a tractor beam. It's so totally ridiculous how happy free samples (of any sort) make me. I get excited inside--tingly even--when I'm at Costco and realize that it's after 11 and the tables manned by cute little old people will be enticing me with their goods and wares. (And yes, that is a photo of samples of TOILET PAPER--I do have to draw the line somewhere. Seriously?!?)


3. Blogging (and really, just being able to write in my journal) let's me express the real me better than I can in person. Truly, I am not someone who can think quickly on her feet. If you ask me my childs name, I may give you the wrong child's name. Ask me their birthdate, and I'll confidently state July, when it's really September (and even have her birthday written on the calendar as the 26th when it's really the 27th--what kind of a mother does this?!?). Then I'll start thinking--gee, it seems like we just celebrated her birthday, and realize "Oh! Because we did just two weeks ago!"

My point is that the medium of writing has helped me realize who I really am when I have time to mull over things in my brain, to hash out how I really feel about motherhood on screen and humbly let others in to not only my day to day things, but my thoughts, convictions, religious beliefs & feelings. At times, I am more ME here than anywhere else. Quirky, no?



4. I can't resist kissing my kids like CRAZY. Seriously, this is a problem. I can't stop myself, and if I am being concious of it, I have to bite on the insides of my lips and clench my jaw. This has seemed to teach Ty & Tink, in particular, that personal space is non-existant. I am sorry, especially to their baby sister and cousins who seem to be the recipients of this "gift" I passed on to them...



5. I wish I could explain the feeling of how everything in the world is right when my dishwasher is running, clothes have been washed, folded and put away, & the trash has been collected by the garbage man. Freedom from the chores that chain me to the house! Okay, a little dramatic...




6. I kinda like the smell of magic markers, paint, & even gasoline. Truly explains a lot about me, I know!
(p.s. When I read this list to Casey, he remarked "Doesn't everybody love those smells?" That's my boy. But really--DOES everybody like it in a weird, quirky sort of way? Do tell...)


I tag YOU!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Katie!! Right back at ya. :) I want to be YOU. You are one classy, fantastic all around gal and super mom. :) Feelin' the love!!

I love reading these and can actually relate to most of them! I love marker smell. I kiss my babies all the live long day. And Thursday is my favorite day because it is garbage day. Seriously!

Jenny P. said...

okay... yes to the crazy smells. Don't want to breath them for an extended period of time, but a little whiff... yeah, that's good.

amen to the kissing... and my kids are crazy compulsive kissers to.

double amen to the laundry, dish trash wonder... so nice to be caught up and on top of things, for maybe five minutes or so. Cause that's normally how long it lasts. :)

Becky said...

I agree with loving all those odd smells, but have to add one: laundry soap. In my younger days (before I started fiercely guarding the few remaining brain cells I have left, I would wander up and down the laundry aisle at the grocery store taking loooooong sniffs at the seams of the detergent boxes. Ahhhhhhh!

Rachele said...

Katie you are so funny! I do like the smells of those things as well. You're not alone on that. However, I believe frosty's are best eaten with fries as your utensil. So YUMMY!!! P.S. Today's the day for P90X right?! It's game time. :D

Maces Faces said...

OH, Katie, I hate that you are so far away! I will have to bask in the memories of you instead! I miss the good ole days, freedom, even though we were poor!! all of us together. I have to admit I love all those things too, but I also love my Laundry detergent! One of the best smells in the house. I love the feelings of clean smelly clothes!!So good to catch up through blogs:)

Sibber said...

oh man, girl... you always crack me up! I love the way you write! Always so interesting! Love ya buckets! I liked your qwirks! Awesome! I can totally relate!

sue said...

What a great post! You are a QUIRK! haha Just Kidding. You do have a way-with-words when you write. I just love your blog.