We were going to Nebraska to pick corn!
We talked about it non-stop, and the kids were mustering up their excitement for what was sure to be a lame trip. The day we were flying out, I dropped Bree off at my mom's (since a one-year-old wouldn't be much help in the fields), and Ali started crying saying she wanted to stay at grandma's house. Can you say backfire?!?
We got to our hotel pretty late without the kids catching on to our scheming ways and Casey couldn't wait a second longer. We gave them their assignments in the field for the next day, which were really their tickets to get them into...
Brilliant parenting 101:
"Surprise! We're going to Disneyland in the morning! Now try not to be too excited, and go to bed...."
12 comments:
That is so funny! I love it! Looks like you had a lot of fun, and I am so jealous.
That video is AWESOME!
I wish I would've know! We just moved less than an hour to Disneyland!!! Next time let us know!
I was thinking, "Why in the world are you going to Nebraska to pick corn, it isn't even growing yet!" So funny. You guys are great.
Love it! We are (hopefully) going later this year. Thanks for the good idea!
Priceless! Such a fun surprise! You guys rock!
what cool parents you guys are!!! i am glad you had a great time and by the way is casey planning our next trip or are we just going to continue with the girls.
That is the best disneyland story ever! I was thinking well... "i guess it's nice they are getting so culture, learning about the midwest". So funny. Might just use it on our kids one day!
Ok, you two are awesome. If I didn't already miss you, that video would have cemented it. We miss our Owens! Looks like a fabulous trip. Can't beat Disney.
I love it, I can only imagine the mood before leaving on the trip. You must have had to be so creative answering their many questions/complaints when they thought they were going to pick corn. Did any of them tell you they were even the slightest bit sad that they missed out on the corn?
What fun parents you are!
Love it! You guys are the best. I feel so lucky that we ran into you there. Unfortunately I can't see your video:(.
Post a Comment