So, I DARE you to watch this and not tear up. I am such a boob. But I love the message and it hit me like a 2x4 between the eyes.
Maybe it's because I am getting "the look" from my oldest when I sing or start doing my thing to the music in the car (or mercy me, out in public).
Maybe it's that I have to do most of the hanging on with her limp-ish grip during the hand-holdage.
Or maybe it's because I got a hug and a kiss on the cheek last week when I volunteered in her classroom, and wondered to myself "...is that the last time she'll do that in school?" and I hated that I had to even let that cross my mind.
Suddenly, I don't walk on water. Nuts...
We're half way to adulthood with Ash and the time is screaming by. It truly is the sweet, ordinary days that make motherhood so rewarding and worth it. Good reminder to relax a little and not get so wound up about the things that really don't matter in life.
I feel like it's my mantra that I constatnly have to remind myself. ENJOY this stage of life--whatever the stage may be. Relish the good and weather the tough spots. Don't ever wish any of it away. Life is good & FULL.
And ALWAYS say yes when they request to snuggle.
11 comments:
Oh just stop with the making me tear up! For real! That was such a sweet and tender video and I've only been a mom for 18 months... :)
Oh dear Katie... that was wonderful! Time DOES go so quickly, and that dang table IS too big, except on Sunday's ... then we need three of them! Oh how I love those moments, and I do remember and cherish those ordinary days' when "they" needed me, for I needed them too! Thanks for the reminder... i have to go and wash the tears off my face now... time goes quickly... hugs those babies NOW!
Ah! I couldn't do it and the worst part is that 5 minutes in, when the tears really started to flow the phone rang!
Here is to many, many more perfectly ordinary days.
um i'm not even a mom and i LOVED this! I miss you Katie! But i'm guessing i'll see you this weekend ya? :) Love you!!
What a lovely video. It must be one of the blessings that come from having an only child, but this realization hit me HARD a few years ago. I'll never get those "terrible twos" days back, when I thought he was going to drive me completely insane and I was frustrated to death daily. And I know that I'll never get these awesome 6-yr-old days back either, so I shall enjoy each day to its fullest and since I've changed my attitude, its truly made all the difference.
Thanks for the sweet post, Katie. One can never have too many reminders. I know that your job of mother is a tough one right now, but may I just say that you are one of the best! Thanks again!
Nope, I couldn't get through without the eyes watering. What a lovely reminder.
Oh wow, did I need that! And nice try daring me to keep my "Mommy tears" away. Not even close :) Thanks so much for sharing that video.
Thank you, friend. I needed this today. And everyday!
Beautiful. Thank you for the tears today. I love them. Guess we'll all have to return to Disneyland so you can see the dance moves in person.
What a great message! It took me 45 min to watch because of phone calls and interruptions with the kids. I need to cherish the ordinary days. Now I'm tearing up too!!
You're killin' me!!! That was so SWEET!!! And your sentiments...AMEN! I feel like any day I will walk into Jack's class and he will act like he doesn't know me. I love it all...and love you!
Post a Comment