Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This picture doesn't mean anything, to anyone else in this world. But to me, it was everything I needed tonight. After cleaning up puke from not 1, not 2 but count 'em 3 children to come down with the flu in one day, I was doing the umptenth load of laundry and I came into the previously messy basement, and found this.

My two-year-old put this all away. On her own. Without asking. Seriously. Isn't it cute how even the bowls are stacked one on top of the other???

I looked at her and exclaimed my appreciation, to which she beamed with pride and explained that she's a big girl.

I'm tearing up and had to document it, so that one day, when Tink is older, she'll know what a sweet, thoughtful, "big girl" she is really becoming.

And maybe a little reminder to me that when she's a messy teenager that I can let it slide everyonce in a while;)

16 comments:

Melanie said...

What a sweetheart! I don't know any two year old that could or would do that! Hope the fam gets feeling better soon...

emily mcd said...

Ali cleaned that up all by herself?!? EUREKA! She is such a sweetheart . . . much like her sweet mother who at the end of a long puke-filled day thought to grab her camera to document a rad big girl moment. Ahh Kates. You're the best.

Jenny P. said...

Sometimes my two year old is the most helpful of all my children.

Hope all your babies get better soon!

Sibber said...

What in the world!!! Can she come and train my boys! :) She is such a sweetheart! I hope that flu is GONE GONE GONE from your life! Get better... Love you... and love this cleaning machine! Enjoy the moment! :)

Julie said...

That is amazing. I mean the books are all lined up...even with the most generous heart from my 2 year old or even 5 year old.. books would be shoved in there, not piled nicely. I am very impressed with Tink. ---by the way, now that school has started we should think about that lunch...if nothing else but to get you your foot stuff. Also do you want to play soccer in the fall?

Brooke said...

Um, that's the most amazing thing I've ever seen!! Wowsers. Nice work!! :)

Also, I feel your pain. All 3 of my kids got that flu last weekend. Jaden and I were up to our ears in...well, you know. :) Luckily it's a quickie bug, at least it was for our kids! Good luck.

Marisa said...

So sorry you guys got the stomach bug all at once, that's rough. We had it a few weeks ago, but with one getting sick, then two days later another, then two days later another, etc. Maybe better to get it all over with at once. Hope they all feel better soon! And way to go Ali!

Laura said...

She's so sweet! Hope the bug passes soon. No fun!

Lindsay said...

Yep...she's an Owens :) Love that little Ali Tink. What a great little helper. Love you!

traske.melissa said...

wow...you just gotta love them at those priceless moments. i am sorry to hear that your kidos are sick. especially with school just starting. hope they are all feeling better and that you don't get the bug! love ya

Britney said...

That is quite amazing! I can't even fathom a 2 year old doing that all on her own? At least not any of my boys :) Way to document it--priceless and precious moment for sure! What a sweet little Tink... maybe she just sprinkled some of her fairy dust! Send her over anytime, we need serious help.

Britney said...

By the way I hope your kids get better quickly--that pukey bug is no fun! Love you!

Kristi said...

I love how your kids have amazingly all acquired your husband's organizational genetics (sorry, I have known you too long...). So so stinking cute! So sorry your babies are sick. If life is better, maybe the park Monday or Tuesday? Call me....

Aim Aug said...

Could you please send her to my house...my kids need training evidentally? Hope they feel better soon.

Emily said...

This is the sweetest thing in the whole world. I love it! My two-year-old is my best helper too (third child as well). I'm so sorry your kids are sick. What is up with all this sickness in August?!? Strange year. We went through it as well, although not all at once. Those are tough days for moms! Hope things are better.

Alicia said...

Can I borrow her for the day!! She might be able to teach my kids some good tips.