Casey's actual birthday with his family over for some treats and ice cream.
A special thanks to Cody for encouraging the rousing singing of Happy Birthday and candle blowing. Can you believe Casey didn't want us to do it?
Grandma 'nae & Grandpa LaRon. Two of the choicest people on this earth...
Speaking of choice, Aunt Carolynn & Uncle Paul. Wouldn't be in the loop and feel so loved if it weren't for them. This is a supportive, fun family I've joined. I always SO look forward to being with the Welch family.
Charlene, Robyn & Sean. Hope you aren't blinded by their awesomeness...
We lucked out by having Chevy & Justin on leave from Iraq for a couple of weeks. I know this picture is fuzzy, but I had to document that they were here, in the flesh. We miss them terribly and are so proud of their service for us and our country. Can't wait till their tour is totally finished in February.
Dear Kristen, soaking in the inside scoop of just how things are shaping up in Iraq. This is Chevy's third tour, and they were explaining how different (& thankfully improved) things are becoming.
Can't forget these two cuties. Bree and Trish--best cousins!
In other news, Ty & Casey had an afternoon alone to enjoy none other than football and junk food. All I can say is W O W.
You know what happens to people who eat to much junk?
No explanations needed....
Love me some pics of the kids whipping the house into shape. I told them I'd post their pictures on the blog and talk about what hard-workers they are. Of course, they always smile when their sweeping the entire first floor....
And always wear their sunday best while scouring the tub! We can live in a fantasyland now and then, can't we. Please don't burst my bubble...Child labor laws, hah! We crack the whip around here! Or maybe at least expect the kids to pitch in with the house. Whatevs.
The first big snow fall this year.
Tink, our cute little snowbunny
The crew that braved the cold
And finally, Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat... The tree was put up, and man I had a grander vision when I clustered these ornaments together! I guess you need three times the amount I had, but here is the tree, in all her glory.
It's been up for a couple of days, and miracle upon miracle, the ornaments haven't been moved! Funny thing is, I was counting on it happening, so I didn't take the time to space them out, since my idea didn't quite become reality. So, I'm giving away a Christmas goodie prize for anyone that can guess, closest to the hour, how long until the first little hand decides to take on re-decorating the tree in her own way! Good luck!
7 comments:
seriously LOVE the pictures of your cute family. That tree is so stinkin perfect! So far so good!
Love the tree! Ours is not so artistic, though I dream every year of doing one all color coordinated and fancy. But our kids love decorating using their own methods and the hodge podge of ornaments collected over the years, including some that were mine as a kid. My guess is that by 2:00 on Dec. 3 little hands will have played with your ornaments!
Your kiddos are so adorable! I hope one day we will live in Utah and be able to join in on those fun Welch parties! Love how you decorated your Christmas tree too.
What fun pictures. I guess this Saturday at 11:00 am the ornaments will be touched.
I can't believe how big your baby is getting! Boy how time flies. Now about getting together...I'll be in touch.
I love the big ornaments on your tree! Wayne is waiting for the boys to love football. Maybe he should entice them with a little junk food . . . hmmmm . . . next year.
I emailed you last week. It was an address on your facebook account. We just have some questions about the critical care at Utah and was wondering if Casey could fill in Wayne. Anyhoo, I love to see your posts!
Sorry I missed the party! It was great from what I heard!! Happy Birthday, Casey!
Post a Comment